Hey y’all! Today I will be showing y’all how to make your own cushion foundation. Cushion foundations have been a huge trend in Korea (where it originally started) and in the US. Cushion foundations are great if you are always on the go and it’s a nice travel size compact for when you are traveling. In Korea it is their beauty standard to have bright and pale skin so their foundations do not cater for dark skin tones. They also love that glowy, dewy finish, however, I know some people who prefer matte finish or a higher coverage cushion foundation. So to cater for everyone, I have decided to share this DIY cushion foundation. It’s quick and easy!
Here are the products you will need:
- Cushion case with the refill and puff. (If you are reusing it like me, wash nicely with your face cleanser and luke warm water and let them air dry).
- I will be using my IOPE cushion foundation case
- Small skin care spatula or a toothpick
- Foundation of your choice
- I will be using my Maybelline Matte and Poreless foundation in 235
- An oil-free suncream
- I will be using my Nutrogena Sunscreen SPF50
- Essence serum/ Moisturizer that is good for your skin type
- Liquid highlighter/ illuminator (optional)
- Remove the sponge cushion out of the container
- Pump or pour 10g of foundation into the container
- Add 3g of suncream
- Add 5-7g of serum or moisturizer
- Add 3g of liquid highlighter/illuminator
- Mix well with toothpick
- Test the foundation out to make sure you like the formula
- If you want more coverage add more foundation
- Need more moisture, add more moisturizer or serum
- Want more glowy, dewy finish add more highlighter
- Put the sponge back into the container
- Clean around the cushion with cotton swab
- Close the compact tightly
THERE Y’ALL GO! YOUR VERY OWN CUSHION FOUNDATION!
Good luck y’all and have fun!